Holi in Parliament adds to cultural plurality

Venkat Raman Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern called it ‘A Vibrant Celebration that brings together so many of us,’ Indian High Commissioner Sanjeev Kohli described it as ‘A Festival that reflects India’s rich cultural heritage and colourful customs offering the best to the world,’ while more than 200 people enjoyed the speeches, music and dances. That was how it was at…

Read More

Every Ambulance saves a life and every dollar runs an Ambulance

Kiwis become Saints with St John Annual Appeal and Indian Newslink launches first crowdfunding initiative Jennifer Porter St John is hoping to raise eyebrows as well as money this year, introducing a fun, new online fundraising campaign asking Kiwis to “Be a Saint” and donate to its annual appeal. The New Zealand ambulance service says that the move is a…

Read More

Peace and Prosperity at your doorstep

A Vastu Shastra expert explains the technique Krish Dasgupta vastumitr@gmail.com Make your home Vastu compliant with simple remedies. Vastu Shastra is an Indian science developed thousands of years ago that prescribes rules for construction of buildings and Temples. Structures built according to Vastu Shastra principles are said to vibrate with ‘universal positive energy’ resulting in all-round health, wealth and prosperity…

Read More

Youngster’s Mridangam Arangetram next weekend

Venkat Raman Young Aucklander Avinash Jeyashankar will do his parents, teachers and peers proud as he presents his Mridangam Arangetram at Dorothy Winstone Centre, Auckland Girls Grammar School on Saturday, March 24, 2018. The Programme, by invitation only, will begin at 5 pm (seating by 445 pm) with traditional Pooja. Mridangam is a powerful but challenging percussion instrument, demanding hours…

Read More

Yoga Festival 2018 spells a new way of human engagement

Ratna Venkat ratna@indiannewslink.co.nz At the Tenth Annual Indian Newslink Indian Business Awards held on November 27, 2018, I came across a word which I thought was misspelt. It was ‘Indegration’ instead of ‘Integration’ and I had pointed out the typo to Indian Newslink Managing Director Jacob Mannothra, who had used the word. A Portmanteau He told me that ‘Indegration’ is…

Read More