Police probe death of security guard

Waitakere CIB investigators are continuing their enquiries into the unexplained death of a 22-year-old security guard whose body was found at a West Auckland construction site on November 18, 2011.

Waitematä District Field Crime Manager Detective Inspector Greg Cramer said that the circumstances that caused the young man’s death were still unclear.

“We are keeping an open mind about what happened early on Friday morning. A post mortem examination has been conducted. This is normal practise in the case of an unexplained death. In all such cases a thorough investigation is carried out to determine the circumstances leading to death,” he said,

Mr Cramer said the Police were reviewing security surveillance images from several sources and were talking to a number of people who were in the vicinity of the construction site early on the morning of November 18.

“The construction site where the body was found is located near the Lincoln Road North Western Motorway over-bridge. Anyone with information or who was in this area between midnight and 3 am on November 18, 2011 is urged to come forward. The public can call the Waitakere CIB on (09) 8390600 or Crime Stoppers anonymously on 0800-555111,” Mr Cramers said.

Kaumatua, Sikh community representatives, management and staff of the construction and security companies assembled at the site on November 22 for a brief ceremony to bless the site, he added.

Editor’s Note: The name of the deceased has been identified as Charanpreet Singh Dhaliwal, who is survived by his mother and brother in his native Punjab in India.

On a related note, Brijesh Sethi, Director of New Zealand School of Education, where Mr Daliwal was student, described him as a ‘hard working young man.’

“We are still in shock over the sudden and premature demise of Charanpreet who studied at NZSE last year. We extend our deepest sympathies to the family who are facing a very grim task of dealing not only with the death of a young son, but also with the concerns of bringing his body home,” he said.

Mr Sethi said the institution has been in contact with Charanpreet’s mother, who was obviously disturbed.

“She is seeking answers to what actually happened to her son on that fateful night. NZSE is working closely with the community and has made a financial contribution to ensure that Charanpreet is given a respectful departure,” he said.

Sharing is caring!

Related posts

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: